Friday, October 17, 2008

Our Anniversary Dinner

A blast from the past... for our 1st anniversary, FI took me to Perilla for dinner. He was excited because it had gotten good reviews and I was super excited (when we got there) because it is Harold Dieterle's restaurant. Harold was the Season 1 winner of Top Chef, one of the most awesomest shows ever.

We started out with Spicy Duck Meatballs. This was the dish that Harold made for the Battle of the All-Stars: Season 1 v. 2. His protein was duck and instead of doing a usual roast duck breast, he made meatballs. They were delicious, but I (being the giant TV geek that I am) was more excited that I was eating a dish that I had seen on Top Chef.


Then we split a salad. I don't remember the dressing or what else was in it, but it was yummy.


This was a yummy vension dish. It was gamey but not too much and really tender.


This is a lamb chop entree with greens and parmesan cheese (I think). It was great, but huge. I was able to take the rest home and have it for lunch the next day.

For dessert, we got doughnuts! They were smaller than the regular Dunkin' Donut or Krispy Kreme doughnut but larger than donut holes. They were nice and hot and came with 2 kinds of dipping sauce - lemon and chocolate.


It was a wonderful meal! Even though I was just as excited 'cause it was a Top Chef restaurant. I was disappointed though that Harold didn't make an appearance in the dining room. :)

No comments: