Friday, May 9, 2008

The Proposal...

So for everyone who hasn't heard the story... here we go...

After getting the ring, he wanted to propose down in Battery Park by the Statue of Liberty. But the problem was, how was he going to get me out of the apartment? If we hang out on weekday evenings, we cook dinner and watch tv and are total homebodies.

If he asked about going for a walk, I would know something was up. So dilemma...

Meanwhile I just had lunch outside with co-workers and the weather was gorgeous. Plus we saw all of the set-up that was going on for the Tribeca Film Festival. They were going to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Thriller with a giant outdoor screen, popcorn, free juice, face painting, etc.

So I IMed him to see if he wanted to go out for dinner and check it out. He agreed. Heehee, so basically I ended up scheduling our special night. :)

We went out for dinner at PJ Clarke's (romantic, I know!). Then he wanted to take a walk down the side of Battery Park. I was just thinking, man, I need to pee and I'm kind of tired, but okay.

So we walked almost all the way down to the bottom of Manhattan and we sat down on a bench to enjoy the beautiful evening.

All of a sudden he got down on one knee and asked me, "Junage, will you... will you let me tie my shoe?" Omigosh! We had just watched The Office and I had told him he better not be like Jim Halpert and do a fake proposal.

But then again he was wearing flip-flops... so this was the real deal...

He told me he loved me and he loved my smile and my love of life and would I spend the rest of my life with him. Of course I would!

Some people asked if I cried. How could I cry? I'm too happy to cry!

No comments: