Friday, May 9, 2008

Don't have time to laugh...

I just started watching 30 Rock this season because the boy really likes it. I actually didn't watch it last season because I had too many shows on my t.v. schedule (e.g. a color-coordinated spreadsheet) and I didn't think Tina Fey would be a great leading lady.

Oh how that's changed. I love 30 Rock! It is so absurd and extreme with jokes and plotlines. I love how jokes and one-liners don't get reaction scenes from the characters. They just take the absurdity as part of life, which makes it even funnier. The boy pauses episodes sometimes just so he has "time to laugh".

The one scene that I love to repeat word-for-word is everyone's reactions when Kenneth the page announces he's leaving New York and NBC to return home to Georgia.

Dot Com or Grizz: Who's going to see Spamalot with me?
Dot Com or Grizz: Who's going to be my wingman at speed dating?
Tracy: Who's going to help me tell white people apart?

Hee-hee...

No comments: