Thursday, February 19, 2009

Fabulous Color Combinations

As I've written before, our wedding colors are lavender/purple and yellow. As I peruse wedding websites and looking at pretty pictures, I've kept my eye out for purple and yellow themes.

I also try to enter as many contests as I can in the hopes of getting a gift certificate or some custom designed accessory. And I finally won one! I just had to comment on my wedding colors and I won a copy of a wedding magazine. Not only that, my colors were featured in a blog post and she sent me some more inspiration boards.

inspiration board from Kelly Oshiro Events

From bridalcanvas.com
From She Walks in Beauty (original source unknown)

From She Walks in Beauty (original source unknown)

I love the color combination and her blog post has even more examples of the colors together.

And as I told her in my comment - the color theme came about as a result of an ice cream FI and I shared on a date. We were at Sundaes & Cones and order mango and taro ice cream. The mango was a bright, pale yellow and the taro was a lovely lavender and I was entranced by how pretty those two colors looked next to each other that I tucked the idea into the back of my head and kept it until we were engaged and starting to plan this wedding.

No comments: